Including TikTok-famous skin- and haircare ✨.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. CeraVe salicylic acid body wash says “see ya!” to scabs left over from picking ingrowns and “au revoir!” to keratosis pilaris flare-ups. This exfoliates without the rough, physical microbeads and buffs away bumpy skin while smoothing — thanks to hyaluronic acid and niacinamide.
Promising review: “My 6-year-old daughter has keratosis pilaris, commonly known as ‘chicken skin.’ This year it really flared up during warm weather so I gave this wash along with lotion a try. Wow, I saw results after just a few uses and after a couple of weeks most of her bumps disappeared. Thrilled we skipped a trip to the dermatologist! Can’t beat this price for the results either.” —Ashley Steigerwald
Get it from Amazon for $13.99.
2. L’Oréal 8 Second Wonder Water Lamellar Hair Treatment works like a treat in eight, yes, you read that correctly, EIGHT seconds to transform fine to curly textures. Think: mirror-like shine and softer-than-soft locks in less time than it takes to say “arriverderci to you, frizz!”
Apply this directly to wet hair, avoiding the roots, massage it in for eight seconds, then rinse. Effort required = practically zero. You can use one dose for fine- to medium-textured hair, two to three doses for thick- to curly-textured hair, and add one more dose if you have long hair.
Promising reviews: “I don’t usually do reviews on products, but for this one I absolutely have to. I have 3c type hair and struggle with a lot a breakage, unmanageability, and moisture. When my mom mentioned this product to me I didn’t take her seriously because of the simple fact that we have two completely different hair textures. I never would have thought this brand would work on my hair. I have never in my 22 years felt my hair like this. I feel like I have a completely different head of hair. This product is so amazing and I will FOREVER be using this product in my hair regimen. Thank you so much!! ♥️” —Theressa Hailey
“It does exactly what it says…makes your hair soft, shiny, and cooperative! I have given this to two of my friends ALREADY — one with thick and curly hair, the other with limp and fine hair — and THEY BOTH swear by this product! Just can’t think of enough good things to say! I have short bleached hair, so am getting excellent results using less than half as much as they recommend. Buy this stuff — you’ll thank yourself later!!!!!” —enamelcamel
Get it from Amazon for $8.99.
3. LilyAna Naturals Eye Cream depuffs and softens the skin around tired eyes with a rosehip and hibiscus-infused formula. Over 18,000 admirers gave it 5 stars, so do your morning and nighttime routine a favor and add this to the lineup.
Check out this TikToker’s review after a year of using this magic sauce!
Promising reviews: “I just started to notice fine lines appearing under my eyes, so I ordered this eye cream on a whim and it is SO WORTH IT! Major game changer. I noticed a huge difference not only in fine lines but also in under eye darkness and puffiness in only one week! Highly recommend this product to anyone and everyone, I have extremely oily skin and I put this all the way around my eye and haven’t had any breakouts, not to mention my skin is super smooth, which makes makeup application a dream. 10/10 product, will purchase again!” —Katherine E Brings
“I’m OBSESSED! I always have trouble with eye creams because my skin in general is very sensitive and dry. Usually I get a bad rash or my eyes tear up when using eye creams so I just stopped using them. I decided to give this one a try with all the great reviews and I’m so glad I did! Super hydrating, doesn’t make me tear up, and sits well under makeup! It did instantly hydrate my under eyes with no reaction and had a brightening effect that made me look less tired! Can’t beat the price of this either, definitely worth a try!” —D
Get it from Amazon for $14.99+ (available in four sizes).
4. And! LilyAna Naturals Retinol Cream infuses shea butter, aloe, hyaluronic acid, and vitamin A *withmax-strength retinol for a gentle, more nourishing approach to treating uneven texture and fine lines. Unlike regular ol’ retinols, this stuff hydrates instead of irritates, leaving skin firm and full of life.
And! This stuff is noncomedogenic, so you can trust that it will help banish active blemishes and breakouts without clogging pores or causing further irritation. Plus, it’s made with all-natural vegan ingredients!
Promising review: “I have been using LilyAna products for three-plus years and I can’t say enough good things about this line! You should try it for yourself and just see the difference! Your face will love you back! The retinol cream has definitely reduced my fine lines and wrinkles while also helping control my blemishes, reducing old acne scars, decreasing dark spots and under eye dark circles. I love the fact that its ingredients are all-natural! It has a very pleasant smell and goes on light while nourishing your skin and doing all the things it is supposed to do! I love products that are exactly exactly what their company proclaims them to be and do! If you haven’t already tried this retinol product I highly recommend you do!” —Emily Welch Wilkerson
Get it from Amazon for $14.99+ (available in three sizes and packs of one or two).
5. Korean skincare exfoliating mittens slough away dead skin to reveal visibly (and touchably) softer arms…legs…bums…literally wherever you want to use it — and much more effectively than your worn-in loofah!
Promising review: “I have always had skin issues. Itchy, flaky skin, lotion won’t absorb, no product really helps remove the gross dead skin in high friction areas. These changed my life! Remove dead skin with ease, and aren’t as coarse as those gloves you see in big box stores! I’m significantly less itchy, lotion absorbs better, and I feel better when I wear tank tops or even less! These things are a lifesaver. Most gross and satisfying, while scrubbing, I noticed the water turning gray in the tub as I scrubbed away all those dead skin cells. My allergies aren’t half of what they were a week ago, and I can use all those cute soaps and lotions! I feel great. I’d buy these a million times more. I had no idea how much body soil I was retaining. I feel great after a shower and for once, I feel truly clean.” —Rachel Anschuetz
Get it from Amazon for $7.99+ (available in packs of one or two).
6. An eyebrow soap kit sets brow hairs in place and up for success! Your over-tweezed brows from your teens are *sojealous of your present brows since this stuff tames and fluffs all at the same time.
And if you’re looking for more definition, this goes on *beforeyour go-to pigmented pencil or gel for a sleek and fuller look! This kit comes with two packs of soap and four wands.
Promising review: “I have the kind of eyebrows that look very full with brushing, but can quickly look like one has ‘collapsed’ once my hair or something else touches it. I’ve used nearly every product from Anastasia BH, but never had luck keeping my brows in place. Well, let me tell you, this stuff is no joke. I had to scrub my eyebrows clean tonight to get them to move. If you need some help holding your fluff, this will be your new favorite product. Also, I was able to ditch the eyebrow pencil since this this stuff holds every hair in the place you brush it.” —Bailey M, Deacon
Get it from Amazon for $7.99.
7. SoCozy Leave-In Curl Conditioning Spray turns your *andyour little one’s after-shower bedtime ritual into one that’s a little more manageable (plus features soft, fanciful curls and ringlets). This stuff will gently detangle and restore tresses, all without the use of harsh and nasty chemicals.
Reviewers say this spray will leave wavy or curly hair (from 2a–4c hair) shiny, soft, and bouncy. And it’s free from parabens, sulfates, phthalates, synthetic colors or dyes, propylene glycol, gluten, wheat, and nuts!
Promising review: “This is the BEST product EVER! I will never use another hair detangler ever again. We use this product daily in my house, my daughter, my son, and I. Both of us girls have long and thick curly hair, and it allows us to brush through our hair with no problems! And my son mostly uses it to style his hair before gel, and because it smells so good! We tried a few products from Walmart, Ulta, and Target, and nothing was good enough. This is now on my Subscribe & Save every month!” —Tamira McLelland
Get it from Amazon for $7.99.
8. E.l.f. Cosmetics Acne Fighting Putty Primer takes care of breakouts and keeps your all-day look right where you left it. How? Acne-fighting ingredients like salicylic acid and zinc, of course. Plus, the velvety formula sweeps over pimples to smooth uneven complexions — just apply pre-foundation or concealer, let it sit for 30 secs, and voila! Fresh-faced canvas.
The 1.8% salicylic acid helps prevent the development of pesky breakouts and redness. Zinc helps reduce inflammation and kaolin keeps oil at bay while minimizing the appearance of pores.
Plus! It’s vegan and cruelty-free.
Promising review: I’ve only been using this for about a week, but have already noticed a big difference in my skin! I have normal skin, with an oily T-zone, large pores, hormonal breakouts, and hyperpigmentation that leaves my skin scarred for months even if I don’t touch my breakouts. This primer has been clearing my acne (even the tiny ones on my nose), reducing my scars, goes on smooth, and makes my skin feel so soft. I easily use it under my tinted sunscreen, Putty Blush, and Halo Glow setting powder every day and even when I’m not wearing anything else on my face. My skin looks beautiful!” —BeachBunny
9. The Colossal Foot File tells pricey pedis to beat it once and for all, since it reverses crusty feet epidermis back to its OG baby-soft state. If you want to let your hooves see the light of day, this miracle worker will gift you with brand-new skin that you’ll be proud to parade around.
Promising review: “AMAZING!!! Seriously beyond impressed with this product. I’ve never had dry or cracked heels until recently, and I’ve tried everything I could find to get rid of them. This is all you need!!! I literally opened the box and did this in less than a minute! I’ll never use anything else! Even better than professional pedicures!!!” —Kyla Jackson
Get it from Amazon for $9.95.
10. OGX Argan Oil of Morocco Curl-Defining Cream gifts your tresses with a pillowy-soft formula you can comb through towel-dried hair. This = beautifully defined waves and spirals, sans leftover crunch and flyaways.
A bonus? This stuff is free from parabens and provides a sulfate-free haircare system. Translation: This is gentle for use on all curl types and textures to help bump up your hair’s natural strength.
My hair is the ~perfect~ combo of wavy, curly, and frizzy, and this drugstore product has been a holy grail of mine for some time. I’ve found that it’s the only formula that will give me soft, naturally curly waves come the a.m. and since I’m generally a nighttime hair washer, I have the perfect excuse to avoid blasting my hair with heat. Before hitting the pillow, I like to run my fingers through my towel-dried hair with a pea-sized amount of this, flip my mane over, and then give the ends a good scrunch. In the morn, my hair appears shiny with defined, wavy curls — we’re not talking HD — but they have a nice, soft definition to them that doesn’t require much styling.
Promising reviews: “Absolutely love this stuff! It’s the one hair product I have to have. I rotate shampoos and conditioners but have never found anything to put on damp hair that I like as much as this. It says it’s for curls, but works great on straight hair too. I have had super straight to very curly hair over the years and have loved this on all hairstyles.” —Bunco Queen of the Universe
“I ended up using this product as more of a daily hair ‘moisturizer’ because it leaves it so wonderfully hydrated, soft, and manageable. This product has made my natural, 4c hair so much easier to style. I really can’t say enough good things about it. It’s a great product that I will definitely purchase again. I hope they never stop making this stuff! It’s as if it was made just for me!!” —razgirl67
Get it from Amazon for $5.72.
11. CeraVe Hydrating Face Wash features ceramides and hyaluronic acid to delicately rehydrate your face in an inexpensive, non-oily, breakout-free fashion — so if you suffer from flaky skin and you happen to be acne-prone, this noncomedogenic option might find its place in your lineup.
This stuff removes impurities without disrupting the protective barrier of your skin, plus it ~feeds~ it the moisture it needs on a daily basis.
Promising review: “So many reviews about this being ‘too hydrating’ or not removing makeup…it’s a hydrating cleanser! It’s not a makeup remover. There is literally nothing on the bottle that says it removes makeup. And if it’s too hydrating for you, it’s probably because you DON’T HAVE DRY SKIN TO BEGIN WITH. You gotta know what YOUR skin needs. A person with oily skin shouldn’t use products made for people with dry skin and vice versa. This cleanser is fantastic for me, but that’s because I have dry skin. I find that it cleans just as well as any other cleanser. The consistency is like thin lotion, which takes some getting used to but my skin loves it. I follow up with an alcohol-free toner and lightweight hyaluronic acid moisturizer. My skin is so happy. I haven’t had a single breakout since I started using it and my eczema cleared up. Definitely recommend.” —Dayna
Get it from for Amazon for $14.57.
12. Lawless Forget The Filler Overnight Lip Mask takes care of chapped lips that are battling dryness and dehydration. Packed with shea butter, berry extract, and hyaluronic acid, this stuff supports natural collagen production to plump and soothe as you sleep. Getting kissably softer skin has never been easier!
Team up harsh acne medication with fierce winds and you’ve got the perfect formula for lizard-like dryness. AKA what I’m currently dealing with — especially around my mouth. Enter: the Lawless Forget The Filler Overnight Lip Mask, which has been saving my chapped lips for the past few months. It’s cooling, it’s soothing. It’s thick without feeling tacky. It’s hydrating without feeling sticky. And I don’t have to do a darn thing except liberally apply it each night and wake up with softer, fuller, less painful-feeling lips!
*Andthis is vegan and cruelty-free!
Lawless Beauty is a woman-owned beauty brand from Annie Lawless. She makes clean, nontoxic makeup and skincare that doesn’t skimp on pigment or coverage.
Promising review: “As someone who is skeptical about overnight products like this, I was pleasantly shocked and surprised to see results the next morning after my first use! My lips not only felt hydrated and smooth, but definitely looked more plump (without that tingling sensation most plumping products provide which I don’t like!).” —JuliaFromPhilly
Get it from Sephora for $21 (available in two shades).
13. Nyx Concealer Color Correcting Palette disguises any evidence of your late-night happy hours that went well beyond midnight. These creamy concealers hit the Ctrl + Z buttons on literally ANY kind of discoloration (read: acne scars and dark circles). And they can be blended with foundations to fix wonky undertones that don’t match with your complexion.
The palette features six shades: light and medium (to camouflage spots that aren’t too dark), yellow and peach (to conceal dullness and dark circles), green (to cover redness), and purple and pink (to brighten). The concealers have a creamy, hydrating formula. Apply the color that will conceal the spot that you want to cover and then put your foundation on top of it as usual. NO, you won’t have a purple or green spot of concealer sitting on your face. Once you apply your foundation, it won’t be detectable at all. Happy blending!
BTW, Nyx is cruelty-free!
Promising review: “I’ve always used concealers that match the color foundation I use. I decided to try the different color concealers and I’ll stick with these. They cover the dark circles and redness with perfection.” —Debbie
Get it from Amazon for $9.47+ (also available in two additional correcting versions).
14. Sdara Skincare Derma Roller smooths out bumpy and uneven skin textures for a microdermabrasion treatment you can do in the comfort of your home. Even reviewers with sunken, atrophic scarring are noting how well this gizmo worked for them.
Plus! You’ll get a storage case included. And if you’re new to derma rolling, here’s some helpful tips on how to do it right and safely.
Promising review: “This is a MUST-HAVE. I had just recently moved from NYC to LA and the change in temperature has been really affecting my skin; it’s been red, puffy, and frequent breakouts occur. Day one of using this product: I started off by cleansing my face at night, then used the Sdara Derma Roller (which left my skin with a tingly, though not at all painful sensation), and finally applied my moisturizers and serums that I could literally feel were being soaked into my pores. The next day, my skin had totally changed! After ONE use! I plan to use it once a week and highly recommend this gem to everyone.” —melbd
Get it from Amazon for $13.87 (also available in a pack of two).
15. Essence Lash Princess Mascara achieves skyscraper, falsie lashes at such a gaspworthy price, 21,000-plus reviewers haven’t been able to shut up about it. Yep, this holy grail sculpts lashes at only $5 a tube, which, if you think about it, is less than a fancy coffee order!
Kayla Boyd / BuzzFeed
And this is cruelty-free!
BuzzFeed Shopping editor Kayla Boyd tried this out and raves: “As someone who isn’t a big fan of false lashes (the glue irritates my eyes, and I’m terrible at applying them), this budget-friendly holy grail does the trick for both lengthening and volumizing my lashes. After you’ve given it a minute to dry, it lasts all day long and doesn’t smudge or fade. It seriously gives the effect of false lashes, without the discomfort.”
Promising review: “After using Lights, Camera, Lashes by Tarte for the past year, I got tired of breaking the bank over mascara. My sister suggested Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect, and I IMMEDIATELY fell in love. It provides dramatic length and great volume. I can honestly say I can’t stop looking at my eyelashes in the mirror every single day because of how awesome they look. Also, it is very long-wearing. I go from an eight-hour work day right to the gym and sweat like wild…and this stuff doesn’t budge! I love it!!” —Carrie E Weikert
Get it from Amazon for $4.99.
16. Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair Mask quenches the thirst of dehydrated locks with a leave-in formula that gives a juicy dose of nourishment. Expect split ends to be conditioned and breakage significantly reduced — after only two uses. AKA overprocessed, brittle, color-treated hair is no match for this glorious weekly treatment.
This antioxidant-rich formula contains rosehip oil, B vitamins, and algae extract to restore essential moisture and hydration. It’s safe for color-treated, keratin-treated, chemically-treated, and relaxed hair. Plus, it’s vegan and cruelty-free!
Briogeo is a Black woman–founded biz started by Nancy Twine, who has had her hand in making homemade beauty products since she was 5. She has now developed a popular haircare line that specializes in texture-specific products. From repair to volume to curl care, you’ll find something here to meet your needs.
Promising review: “I recommend this to literally anyone whose hair is looking a little dry or lifeless. Adds so much moisture to the hair without getting greasy at the root and detangles like a dream. 10/10 would recommend to anyone needing a good hair mask.” —Briogeo Customer
17. Bio-Oil gently treats uneven complexions — along with a myriad of other skin concerns. It’s so effective that more than 64,000 people love it. It’s also noncomedogenic, which means it won’t clog pores and — *jumps for joy— can be used on the face to eradicate acne scars, too.
Psst! Bio-Oil contains retinol, which accelerates skin turnover but can make you more sensitive to the sun — so don’t forget your sunscreen!
Promising review: “I swear by this product. Very effective on discolored skin due to scarring. I had shingles on my face brought about by stress because we were moving. It ravaged the lower right side of my face, and I was pretty sure it was going to leave hideous scarring. I bought this and started applying it when I started scabbing and still haven’t stopped using it until now. I had my shingles in April, and it’s August now. It works. Check the before and after pics. Scars are now gone.” —twitch
Get it from Amazon for $8.92+ (available in three sizes and a pack of three).
18. Bestool Detangling Brush tells knots and tangles to take a hike with its unique, flexible combs that work to separate 3a to 4c hair — wet *ordry! Gliding through your tresses without pain or breakage has never been more effortless, so you never have to fear washday ever again.
Promising review: “This was the best purchase ever. I had braids and took them down three months later, and if I didn’t have this brush to get the knots and tangles out, I don’t know what I would have done. I swear by this brush. It’s a must-have. I have type 3c coil hair if you are wondering, but I recommend it for all hair types if you deal with knots and tangles.” —Monica
Get it from Amazon for $7.29+ (available in five colors).
19. Mighty Patch hydrocolloid pimple patches work to absorb pus and shrink zits ~head on~. Since adult acne is a thing *sigh*, these are great to prevent picking and, according to one of our editors, are an effective treatment to avoid scarring and hyperpigmentation.
Melanie Aman, an editor on our Shopping team, tried these out and says: “These are hands down the best pimple patches I’ve ever used. Why? Because they actually work. I’ve tried some more cutesy patches that were great for Instagram photos but did nothing to shrink my breakouts. And the pimple patches that touted themselves as basically invisible were — but so were any results. While the Hero Cosmetics pimple patches are a little more visible (but really only noticeable if someone was standing really close to my face), the results are clear to see. (And JSYK, they also make an invisible version, but I have not tried it.)
IMO they work best on whiteheads, drawing out the pus and preventing me from picking. Once all the fluids are drained (yum!), I plop a patch on what was once home to a very angry whitehead and replace it twice a day (once in the morning and once at night). In my experience, that has been the best treatment for preventing really noticeable hyperpigmentation and acne scarring, which my skin is really prone to after breakouts.“
Get 72 patches from Amazon for $21.99.
You can take a look at the full review and see what other products the BuzzFeed shopping team are loving for more deets.
20. Supergoop! SPF 40 Glowscreen grips makeup and actually keeps it in place — all while shielding you from harmful rays with a clean-feeling primer. This comes in a pearlescent lotion that gives light coverage, and features a star-studded lineup of skin-loving ingredients like hyaluronic acid, B5 vitamins, and blue-light-protecting peptides that make it *themorning multitasker.
This bb is vegan!
Promising review: “I really love this sunscreen. I’ve tried so many and they usually leave a dry, chalky feel. Not this one. I have dry skin and this one feels so smooth and hydrating and I love the glow that it leaves. It will be my new go-to!” —Sephora Customer
21. L’Oréal Paris Infallible Fresh Powder Foundation promises up to 24 hours of transfer- and sweat-resistant wear in a neat compact formula (that was made famous on TikTok!). It covers like a liquid and mattifies like a powder for a smooth, shine-free, flawless complexion — even after a full day of meetings.
Promising review: “I swear, I’m straight shook! I never believe the hype on social media or even makeup in general, but this product lives up to it. It is lightweight and outperforms my expensive concealers and foundation. I did not receive this product as part of a promotion and I am not being paid to make this review, nor do I work in the makeup industry. This is the real deal.” —mmix1423
Get it from Amazon for $12.97+ (available in 20 shades).
22. Mane Club One Hit Wonder recharges your tired mane with a 10-in-1 spray…yes, TEN-in-one, folks. It takes care of everything from detangling, frizzies, split ends, and even provides heat protection up to 445 degrees. Simply spritz the vegan and cruelty-free formula onto your damp hair and let it do all the work, so you can get a salonworthy blowout without the price tag or the need for nine other products!
Mane Club, Elizabeth Lilly / BuzzFeed
Oh and hey! This formula contains cannabis sativa seed oil, which works like a charm to moisturize and highdrate without the weight.
Mane Club is an indie beauty brand based in New York.
Promising review: “I absolutely love these hair products. Since using them, my hair has practically been restored to it’s natural curls! This has been super helpful in that it protects hair from heat damage while also easily detangling — two big things for me. I love it and won’t ever be going back to anything else!” —Katie P
Get it from Mane Club for $10.
Read our Mane Club 10-in-1 spray review for the 411.
23. Paula’s Choice 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant improves the texture of flaky skin with a brightening formula of salicylic acid and soothing green tea, which deep dive into pores to unclog dirt and debris. *Hyperpigmentation, acne scars, and dead skin have all left the chat.*
If you’re new to chemical exfoliants, greetings! You’ll definitely want to start off by applying this one or two times a week to take note of your skin’s response. Beta hydroxy acid (BHA, also known as salicylic acid) mimics the natural exfoliation process of younger skin by shedding extra layers while *alsounclogging and clearing pores.
Promising review: “Best exfoliant out there! Ditch the scrubs and start using a chemical exfoliant. I just revamped my entire skin care routine and added Paula’s Choice exfoliant to it. I have extremely sensitive and dry skin and often struggle to find skin care products that are effective. When used correctly, this exfoliant helps to rid my skin of the ungodly White Walker looking sheets of skin that fall off my face without being too harsh on my skin. Plus I swear I have noticed fewer blackheads on my face!” —Tray and Celia Henderson
Get it from Amazon for $13.
24. Tonymoly Tako Pore Blackhead Scrub Stick comes in the form of a too-cute-for-words octopus-shaped stick that is ridiculously good at removing excess sebum. Rub this over your face post-cleanse and just watch it work wonders on exfoliating your pores to yank out blackheads and whiteheads.
25. Tower 28’s SOS Daily Rescue Facial Spray packs a major punch for stressed-out skin with only three ingredients. Think: a gentle hypochlorous acid toner with H2O and sodium chloride that refreshes and rescues irritated skin and prevents flare-ups.
Tower 28 is an Asian woman-owned small clean beauty brand designed for sensitive skin. Their products are nontoxic, nonirritating, vegan, and cruelty-free, so you can rest easy when applying.
Promising review: “HOLY GRAIL!! I tried this spray for the first time about a year and a half ago. I had moved from a dry climate to a humid climate and my acne was out of control! I tried so many products before SOS. When I tell you my acne cleared up within a week….SHEESH! I haven’t been without this spray since! I keep a mini with me at all times and for travel and recommend to all friends with skin concerns. Don’t walk, RUN to Sephora to get it!” —KuhKristen
Get it a 1 oz. bottle from Sephora for $12+ (available in two sizes).
26. Revlon One-Step Hairdryer and Volumizer Brush handles two jobs in one go and cuts your routine in half so you can achieve silky smooth, frizz-free locks in ~30 minutes.
Folks, one of my favorite quarantine purchases has to be this godsend from Revlon. I’ve never been much of a blow-dryer — I never had the patience, energy, or the technique for that matter. But then in swoops this two-in-one tool to give my hair the glam of Jackie O in just about 20 minutes. I have relatively thick, wavy, shoulder-length locks and I’ve never enjoyed witnessing a transformation quite like the one I’m able to achieve with this styler. Giving myself a quick, ~salon-worthy~ blowout for morning meetings has been my new way to feel a little less disheveled for the day.
Promising reviews: “It’s a must-have!!! I’m IN LOVE! I’m kicking myself for not getting one sooner. I have fine, shoulder length hair that is wavy when it air dries. It’s not a pretty wave, more like a frizzy mess, so I always dried and used a straightener. It was time consuming, hair was all over the bathroom, and some days I wasn’t happy with the results. It was a vicious cycle. Now my hair is done in half the time, it’s smooth and I barely lose any hair in the process. I let my hair air dry a little before I use the One-Step Dryer on low and the results are amazing. I could never master the hair dryer and brush technique so this is a game changer.” —A. Kyle
“I have 4c African American kinky-coily hair. This dryer cuts my drying and straightening time to just 20–25 minutes! I part my hair in four sections, apply my heat protectant, and use this dryer, and in no time my hair is straightened! This hairdryer is comfortable and practical to use. Highly recommend for Black/AA or textured hair!” —Lisa
Get it from Amazon for $27.80+ (available in seven styles).
27. Or! Flexible curling wands help you achieve bouncy, voluminous curls without consistent heat. When your hair is damp and moisturized, simply wrap strands around each one and let them ~work their magic~ overnight for soft, easy, natural-looking waves.
Just so ya know, they vary in size so you can pick which is best for your hair length!
Promising review: “I have thick 4c hair and I love this set. I usually have the smaller rods at the ends of my hair and have the bigger rods at the top of my hair. My hair came out so curly. It really reminded me of the movie star curls, because it has been such a long time since I have seen my hair curl without having to use heat to do it. ” —Marisa Fields-Williams
Get a pack of 42 from Amazon for $14.99.
Learn more in our Tifara Flexible Foam Curling Rod deep dive here.
28. Live Tinted Superhue Pigmentation Stick effortlessly glides across skin in a spill-proof serum stick that targets dark spots and hyperpigmentation. Formulated with niacinamide, bakuchiol (aka a retinol alt), and THD vitamin C, you can expect sun damage and discoloration to fade, and your overall complexion? Well, you’ll be left with an unbelievably beautiful dewy glow ofc.
And yes, bbs, it’s clean, vegan, and cruelty-free!
Live Tinted is a South-Asian woman-owned beauty brand founded by beauty blogger and entrepreneur Deepica Mutyala. Her brand is built around diversity and inclusion with phenomenal multitasking products that address skin concerns like hyperpigmentation. Just peep their top-selling, color-correcting Huestick.
Promising review: “I HAVE NEVER HAD A HOLY GRAIL PRODUCT. UNTIL NOW!! Literally SO effective. Tons of people have been complimenting my skin, from my boyfriend (who doesn’t always notice subtle changes) to my coworkers ONLINE VIA VIDEO! My skin literally looks visibly brighter and smoother. The only thing you have to be careful of is if you freshly wax or thread any part of your face. Wait a day or two to use the product in case you have sensitive skin to be safe!” —Ulta Customer
29. Fanola No Yellow Shampoo tones and neutralizes yellow hues in preexisting blondes with a purple pigment. The result? Icy blonde tresses that a) didn’t cost you $100+ for a salon treatment and b) look like they belong on a hairspo Pinterest board.
Promising review: “I’m not one to leave reviews…but this product deserves it! Holy cow! I was going to go into the salon to brighten my hair up, but after discovering this product I cancelled my appointment. I’m totally in love! This shampoo is not drying at all and just after two washes I achieved my desired results! I can’t recommend it enough!” —Rachael B.
And check out our Fanola No Yellow shampoo deep dive.
30. And John Frieda’s Brilliant Brunette Shampoo elevates brown hues with shine-locking ingredients like natural cocoa and evening primrose oil. Expect deeper, richer, natural-looking shades — even after one wash.
BuzzFeed Shopping editor Heather Braga says: “I recently received samples of this shampoo and conditioner and, honestly, wasn’t sure if it was only for people who had dyed their hair dark. In fact, it is not! It’s for brunettes of all kinds — natural and all!”
Promising review: “I purchased this John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shampoo and my hair looks golden brown instead of brown with a lot of gray underneath. I didn’t want the mess of coloring my own hair nor did I think I could do as good a job as my hairdresser, so I was so pleased that Frieda’s shampoo did the job. I definitely recommend this shampoo along with the Brilliant Brunette Conditioner.” —Dan Cremeans
Get it from Amazon for $9.97.
31. Sevích Hairline Shadow touches up graying roots and fills in thinning areas to give the appearance of denser, thicker hair without the fuss. If you’ve ever thrown your hair up and noticed areas of pesky gray or spots that are looking a lil’ sparse, simply plop some color on the sponge applicator and dab it into your scalp for a fuller ‘do.
This stuff is cruelty-free and contains nontoxic plant fibers and beeswax so it’s safe to use on your skin.
Promising review: “This product is AMAZING! If you have thinning hair or graying hair, this powder is a must-have. It even creates a bit of volume to my very thin hair. I’ve purchased many different hair products to conceal my thinning hair; most are ineffective, messy, or leave my hair feeling greasy. This is super easy to use; I even use it for my sparse eyebrows. I simply use a soft, small lip liner brush to fill in my brows for a natural look. I also love that it lasts till your next shampoo. At first I didn’t like the built-in sponge, but I’ve grown to really like it. The powder sticks to the sponge, making it easy to apply to whatever area you want to cover up, and the powder doesn’t come off on pillows if you leave it on overnight.” —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $9.68 (available in 12 shades).
32. Benefit Cosmetics Porefessional Super Setter spray secures makeup with a lightweight, waterproof mist that lasts up to 16 hours *withthe added benefit of blurring pores for a satin-soft complexion.
Promising review: “This is the best setting spray that I’ve ever used. I’ve tried multiple high-end sprays and they never truly work. My face gets sweaty, especially with the mask, and this spray has helped me the most as far as keeping my makeup in place. The mist is very fine and it smells amazing. I’m obsessed with this stuff.” —Sephora Customer
Get it from Sephora for $15+ (available in two sizes).
33. La Pure Gold Collagen Eye Masks make carrying less under-eye baggage a reality — something future you will surely appreciate. These little miracle workers are fab if you’re experiencing some puffiness due to a lack of zzzs — pat ’em on and forget about them for 20 mins for some cooling and hydrating relief (it’s just a bonus that they brighten, too!).
I decided to put these golden gems to the test after coming off of a red-eye flight with practically no sleep. After cooling them off in the fridge (which is what was suggested on the packet), I applied them to my purpley, puffy eyes, and…w-o-w. Not only did I feel like I was receiving some kind of royal treatment (because, gold), but after 20 minutes, my under-eyes appeared brighter and any fine lines that were once lingering had vanished! After wearing these I didn’t feel compelled to apply concealer either, which is usually my go-to to disguise dark circles — and I even felt confident enough to go bare-faced for the rest of the day. Now, I find that I integrate these into my routine anytime I want to de-puff and refresh.
Promising review: “I was searching for some really good treatments for my under-eye puffiness and I liked the reviews and ingredient lists for this product. I have used one set a week for three weeks and have noticed a lot fewer puffy/dark areas under my eyes. I use them at room temperature and chilled and find that I enjoy them chilled a lot better. They were also very budget-friendly; I’ve seen other brands charging a lot more without having as many good reviews. I’m looking forward to more improvements as I use the rest of the product.” —Kai Charles
Get a pack of 15 pairs from Amazon for $17.91.
34. Glossier Wowder softens shine as the final step in curating your selfie-ready look (no Insta filter required). I, for one, cannot stop bragging about its ability to blur pores because the moment this light powder hits, *poofskin appears smoother and foundation stays put well into the night.
Jasmin Sandal / BuzzFeed
I had been meaning to give this a whirl since its release a few years ago, and, boy, I don’t know why I waited so long to snag it because this stuff has changed the game. I recently moved from New York to California and, let me tell you, with this change in climate, my skin has gone through every phase imaginable: Painfully flaky with patches of dryness, breakouts beyond belief, and shine, ooh, so much shine you’d think there had been an oil spill. (And I’m telling you all of this because no matter what I put on my face, makeup never sits on it quite like I want it to.)
Enter Wowder — the pillowy-soft powder that has done the unthinkable: blurred my imperfections and sets my concealer without leaving a chalky residue. Now any time I catch my reflection in the mirror I literally have to do a double take. My skin appears smoother and any fine lines look so much softer. A little goes a long way — and now I can leave my house with a little more confidence and return with a look that hasn’t wavered.
Oh! And it’s vegan and cruelty-free.
Promising review: “I have pretty oily skin and I always look shiny by the end of the day. This setting powder left me with a matte finish that lasted all day. :)” —Sammy
Get it from Glossier for $22 (available in five shades).
35. Nizoral Anti-Dandruff Shampoo reverses any sign of itchy, flaky scalps by targeting the source of the issue instead of just masking it. Admirers mention that after just two uses, their pesky dandruff has virtually vanished, and they even say they’ve noticed a difference with shedding *andhair loss, too.
This shampoo was designed to work for sensitive scalps, color-dyed, and chemically processed hair, as well as for all hair types and textures, with reviewers with 3b–4c curls mentioning it worked for them.
Promising review: “This product is great. My scalp is moist but without all the scaly dry skin. My hair feels nice, not oily or weighed down nor extremely dry like hay. It is soft and manageable. Of all the products I have used for dandruff and dry scalp, this is the best one I have used. I swear by this shampoo. Don’t hesitate to order if you are looking for a nonprescription shampoo. My dermatitis is severe, meaning extremely dry scalp and all that goes with it. You will be pleased with this product.” —MLB
Get it from Amazon for $14.84.