Apple iOS 16
Apple releases big software updates each year to keep the iPhone fresh. And, unlike Google’s Android, it’s designed for all supported devices simultaneously. This year’s update is really a big one, with a complete new lock screen which can be customized with fonts and widgets, that have been previously relegated to the house screen.
There are a great number of changes, but here are a few of the highlights you should know about.
How exactly to edit an iMessage in iOS 16
Todd Haselton | CNBC
- Edit and unsend iMessages.Users can edit or unsend a note in iMessage within 15 minutes after sending it. Another user can note that the message has been edited or removed.
- Schedule emails in advance.The built-in Mail app on iPhones allows users to schedule emails to send later. In addition, it includes a new, more functional search feature that Apple says offers “more accurate and complete results.” In addition, it includes a new undo send option.
- Better group texting with Android users.Android users will finally start to see the Tapback reactions from iMessage users, like laughs, hearts and much more, inside text chains. Which means you won’t obtain the reactions sent as separate messages. It must be an enormous improvement for iPhone users who text with Android users.
- Smarter Dictation. Smarter Dictation enables you to speak texts and automatically punctuates them with commas, periods, question marks and also emoji say something similar to “happy face emoji” and it will get added.
- Safety Check.This enables users to quickly switch off all services and apps, such as for example location, being distributed to others, such as for example family. Apple said Safety Check was designed together with women’s groups and can ensure it is easier for users to remain private or protect personal data and safety when leaving abusive relationships.
- Control notifications in new ways.Notifications now appear in the bottom of the screen whenever your phone is locked, and you could easily hide them to help keep them taken care of. Likewise, it is possible to change your Focus mode, to silence certain notifications if you are asleep, at the job or on holiday, by tapping and holding the lock screen.
- Customizable lock screens.Users can add smaller widgets with real-time data with their lock screen.
Custom lock screens in iOS 16
- Add multiple stops in Apple Maps.Users is now able to add different stops to a route in Apple Maps, therefore you can truly add a pitstop at the restaurant on the way to work. It is a feature that’s already obtainable in Google Maps but will undoubtedly be welcome to iPhone users. Maps also offers a fresh Transit card feature which will enable you to replenish your card, start to see the cost of one’s trip and much more.
Apple Watch Medications
- Medication and sleep tracking in medical app.Apple’s Health app now allows users to input their medications and notify them if it is time and energy to take medicine. Apple Watch owners may also be in a position to monitor their sleep and heartbeat in the iPhone health app.
Translate text in images in iOS 16 wiht quick actions
- Artificial Intelligence automatically sorts, edits and translates photos.Apple is using artificial intelligence to translate text in photos or videos that an individual takes. You can even cut right out a subject from the picture, just like a person, and stick it into images or other apps as a sticker. In a later update, iOS 16 may also automatically share pictures with people it recognizes in the picture, such as for example friends or family.
Iphone Keys in Wallet
- Apple Pay Later.This feature allows users to repay purchases made out of Apple Pay through four payments over six weeks. Apple Wallet in iOS 16 may also make it simpler to share digital cards or home keys through messaging.
- Updated Apple Home app.Apple redesigned the house app to raised show things such as for example multiple cameras around your house. The business said it is also supporting Matter, an open standard for smart home hardware such as for example locks, lights and blinds.
- Use your iPhone as a webcam.Users is now able to use their iPhone as a webcam in an attribute called Continuity Camera with the proper laptop mount and the brand new version of macOS. The brand new version of macOS is defined to debut later this fall, however, which means this feature won’t work until that’s out.
- “Hey Siri, hang up the phone.”Siri will hang up the phone a FaceTime or telephone call for you. You merely need to say, “Hey Siri, hang up the phone.”
- Fitness+ on iPhone. You will not need an Apple Watch to utilize Apple’s premium Apple Fitness+ subscription, which costs $9.99 monthly. It offers plenty of workout and meditation videos, including cycling classes, high-intensity intensive training and much more.
- Handoff with FaceTime. This feature enables you to move your FaceTime call from your own iPhone to some other device, such as for example your Mac or your iPad, without needing to hang up the phone. It’ll also automatically switch whatever Bluetooth headphones you have linked to your iPhone to the brand new device. It’ll require the most recent updates to Mac and iPad, however, which are coming later this fall.
- Coming later: Live Activities. This feature, which enables you to place widgets on your own home screen, will go reside in an inferior iOS 16 update coming later this season. You can do things such as for example see exactly whenever your food order is coming or check the existing score for a team you’re following without unlocking your phone.
- Open Settings on your own iPhone.
- Tap “General.”
- Choose “Software Update.” The update will download, as well as your iPhone will automatically restart once it’s ready.
CNBC’s Kif Leswing contributed to the report.
Correction: This short article has been updated to reflect that Apple released its new iOS 16 software on Monday. A previous version gave an incorrect date.