Concerning the role
As a mechanical engineer at Charge Robotics, youll own a substantial chunk of the ground-up development for a fresh robotic system that assembles solar farms. You’ll use large industrial hardware, become an armchair expert in solar construction, and directly help accelerate the global transition to renewable energy.
What youll be focusing on
- Designing, building, testing, and iterating on mechanical systems for solar assembly
- Tracking, investigating, and resolving hardware problems with robots
- Communicating with other engineers to integrate new designs
- Using some large mechanisms
- Are familiar with industry-standard CAD software (we use Onshape)
- Understand how to fabricate your parts but additionally know when to send drawings out to a shop
- Enjoy employed in a fast-paced startup environment
- Have excellent written communication skills
- Are located in or can relocate to the SF bay area
- Gain satisfaction from personally playing a component in mitigating climate change
- Are excited to see your projects deployed onto actual solar farms!
Itd also be nice in the event that you
- Have experience dealing with industrial robot arms, end effectors, and automation systems
- Have a 4-year degree in mechanical engineering or perhaps a related field
Why you need to join Charge Robotics
Charge Robotics is really a YC-backed startup building robots that build large-scale solar farms. Demand for new solar projects is booming (1/5th of all solar that exists in america was installed this past year!), but todays construction companies cant continue because of limited labor resources.
We thought this is insane, so we started focusing on robots to directly address this bottleneck and increase the worlds transition to renewables.
Were a little, fast paced company this means constant chance for learning and growth. Youll have a big effect on the direction of our company and our product, which is reflected in significant equity compensation. And you also reach play with giant robots .
In case you are excited to focus on interesting technical issues with direct climate impact, youre likely to fit right in.
Team Size: 3
Location: Oakland, CA