MLB at Field of Dreams returns on Thursday, Aug. 11, when two of baseballs most historic Clubs, the Chicago Cubs and Cincinnati Reds, play a normal season game on a baseball field built-in a cornfield close to the iconic movie location in Dyersville, Iowa. This years game includes new ceremonies and features made to capture the magic of the setting for fans of most ages and celebrate baseballs capability to link generations, a central theme of the movie.
MLB at Field of Dreams presented by GEICO, that may air nationally on FOX, FOX Deportes, and the FOX Sports app at 7 p.m., and its own surrounding events includes:
Pre-Game and In-Game Presentation
- MLB will make use of the movie, its themes, and clips as inspiration for pregame elements and in-game presentation both for fans in the ballpark and watching on FOX.
Votto & Happ on Two-Way Mircrophone
- Reds six-time All-Star first baseman Joey Votto and 2022 Cubs All-Star outfielder Ian Happ will each join the broadcast in a live conversation from the field with FOX Sports broadcasters Joe Davis and John Smoltz and provide viewers a look in the game.
- The Cubs and Reds will don custom uniforms inspired by those worn by the Clubs in the first twentieth century.
- The Cubs uniforms will represent those worn throughout their NL Pennant-winning 1929 season, having a crme base, navy striping round the sleeves and down the biggest market of the jersey, and their logo of the era — a navy bear cub holding a bat encircled by the letter C — worn on the left chest. Through the game, the Cubs will wear a matching navy cap featuring the vintage cubbie bear logo.
- The Reds 1919-inspired uniforms are white with navy pinstripes and the Clubs classic logo embroidered on the left chest. The Reds cap can be white with navy pinstripes throughout and an antique red C in the front.
- Following the MLB at Field of Dreams game concludes, country music superstar Walker Hayes takes the field for a particular concert performance for fans attending the overall game in Iowa. The multi-Platinum selling artist has topped the Billboard, country radio, and country music streaming charts with songs like Fancy Like and Yall Life, and in 2022, received his first Grammy Award nomination for Best Country Song. Hayes popularity was propelled by the TikTok dance he designed to Fancy As with his teenage daughter, which includes over 35 million views and contains connected him with audiences around the world.
- Cubs and Reds retro logos have already been cut in to the corn located beyond the proper field fence close to the Field of Dreams Movie site to supply unique aerial views for FOXs event coverage.
Youth Game: A Dream Fulfilled
- Chicago Cubs RBI and Cincinnati Reds RBI will face off on the initial movie set field before a national television audience on FS1 on Wednesday, August 10th. The teams are made of players ages 14 and under who take part in those Clubs RBI programs.
- The mission of Reviving Baseball in Inner Cities (RBI) would be to increase participation and fascination with baseball and softball among underserved youth, promote greater inclusion of youth with diverse backgrounds in to the mainstream of the overall game, increase the amount of talented athletes ready to play in college and professionally, encourage academic achievement and teach the worthiness of teamwork.
Minor League Baseball Game
- In a fresh addition to the schedule, MiLB at Field of Dreams will feature the Cedar Rapids Kernels (Minnesota Twins High-A Affiliate) and the Quad Cities River Bandits (Kansas City Royals High-A Affiliate) playing on a single field because the MLB game on Tuesday, August 9th on MLB Network.
- The Minor League Clubs use historical names and wear throwback uniforms through the game. The host River Bandits can be the Davenport Blue Sox (their name through the 1913-1916, 1929-1933 and 1934-1937 seasons), as the visiting Kernels can be the Cedar Rapids Bunnies (their name from 1904-1932).
- MLB Network will exclusively air the MiLB at Field of Dreams telecast featuring the Cedar Rapids Kernels contrary to the Quad Cities River Bandits on Tuesday, August 9 at 6: 00 p.m. ET. Greg Amsinger (play-by-play), Harold Reynolds (analyst) and Jon Morosi (reporter) will call the action from the MLB ballpark next to the Field of Dreams movie site in Dyersville, Iowa.
- MLB Networks Intentional Talk (4: 00 p.m. ET) co-hosted by Stephen Nelson and Kevin Millar and MLB Tonight (5: 00 p.m. ET) with Greg Amsinger and Harold Reynolds will air live from Iowa on Wednesday, August 10 and Thursday, August 11 before the overall game. Reporter Jon Morosi will contribute across MLB Networks studio programming from Iowa on August 9, 10 and 11, plus MLB Pipelines Sam Dykstra will join MLB Central on August 9 (10: 15 a.m. ET) to preview the Kernels River Bandits matchup.
MercyOne Dubuque Hospital Visit
- MLB will host a meet and greet with Commissioner Manfred and extra baseball personalities to honor the veteran employees of MercyOne and current veteran patients that are receiving care at a healthcare facility. The visit will need place each morning before the MLB game on August 11th.
USA Patriots Amputee Softball Team
- 17 members of the united states Patriots Amputee Softball Team have already been invited as GEICOs Seats for Service honorees at the overall game and can attend batting practice where theyll talk with Cubs and Reds players.
- USA Patriots is really a non-profit 501(c)(3) whose mission would be to bring athletic and like-minded veteran amputees together to market the advantages of inclusive sport and therapeutic outdoor recreation, to inspire and motivate communities of individuals, to aid children with physical challenges, also to operate as a car that provides national opportunities for continued service to your country.
- Net arises from the MLB at Field of Dreams auction will support the united states Patriots Kids Camp alumni program in the summertime of 2023 and the entire Kids Camp in 2024, both being held on the FOD field. The auction will undoubtedly be hosted at FODAuction.com several days following the event.
This 2022 edition of MLB at Field of Dreams presented by GEICO marks the next installment of the groundbreaking event following a dramatic contest played last August between your Chicago White Sox and NY Yankees in the first-ever Major League game played in Iowa. The Dyersville ballpark may be the consequence of local support in hawaii and the teamwork of three decorated sports event and experience specialist companies all appointed by Major League Baseball: BaAM Productions, Populous and BrightView.
Last summers thrilling walkoff win for the Chicago White Sox on the NY Yankees delivered nearly six million viewers and marked the most-watched single regular season baseball game on any network since 1998. With kids ages 12-17, it had been the most-watched game in 10 years. IN-MAY, MLB at Field of Dreams was named the 2021 Sports Event of the entire year by the Sports Business Journal.
- 335 feet down the lines; 380 feet to the alleys; and 400 feet to dead center.
Building the Ballpark Required
- The moving of 30,000 cubic yards of material.
- Installing 4,000 a great deal of sand and 2,000 a great deal of pea gravel under 95,000 square feet of a Bluegrass blend which includes legend, blue note and bolt cultivars.
Iowa-based Musco Lighting offers a first-of-its-kind LED system that may also spotlight a lot of the 159 acres of corn that surround the ballpark.
The proper field fence includes a unique design that accentuates the corn by way of a fine mesh seven-foot high green chain link fence with offset vertical support posts meaning the posts will in actuality maintain the corn.
The stalks that produce field corn will grow 10-12 feet high.
A manual scoreboard will undoubtedly be in the corn just behind the proper field fence.
Field of Dreams stars Kevin Costner, Ray Liotta, James Earl Jones, Amy Madigan, and Timothy Busfield. It had been nominated for the Academy Award for Best Picture in 1990 and was selected to the National Film Registry of the Library of Congress in 2017.The 1989 film tells the story of Iowa farmer Ray Kinsella, a husband and father who’s maintaining his cornfield when he hears a mysterious voice intone, In the event that you build it, he’ll come. Based on the American Film Institute (AFI), those words will be the 39th top film quote of all-time.
MLB at Field of Dreams presented by GEICO is proudly sponsored and supported by Budweiser, Camping World, Capital One, Chevrolet, Corona, Dairy Queen, DEKALB Corn, Extreme Networks, Gatorade, GEICO, Hyperice, John Deere, Lysol, Mastercard, Mattress Firm, Mercy One, Mitel, Musco Lighting, T-Mobile, and Topps.
MLB at Field of Dreams follows other recent special events which have taken groundbreaking Major League games to non-traditional domestic locales, like the Fort Bragg Game in 2016, MLB In Omaha Presented by GEICO at the NCAAs Mens College World Series in 2019 and the annual Little League Classic Presented by GEICO in Williamsport (2017-19). The events at Fort Bragg and in Omaha were the initial Major League games ever in NEW YORK and Nebraska, respectively.
Field of Dreams is currently on 4K UHD, Blu-ray, DVD and Digital.