DWCS: Farid Basharat snuffs Allan Begosso for a choice win
The Dana White Contender Series show is winding down its season 6 by hosting among the three remaining cards for 2022.
In the primary event, two bantamweight fighters squared off hoping of getting the highly-coveted UFC contract.
Farid Basharat, the brother of Javid Basharat, was the heavy favorite getting into the fight with the Brazilian, Allan Begosso. A slugfest ensued in the initial round, with Begosso showing the bettors they could have underestimated his skills. with two minutes remaining, the fight visited the canvas and Begosso grabbed your hands on Basharats neck. From then on submission failed, Begosso visited Basharats leg but that attempt also failed. The fight ended with Begosso on his back.
Round two started similar to the first with both each exchanging moments on the feet but Basharat took Begosso to the bottom. Unfortunately, because of the cage walls, Basharat was struggling to get a sufficient position for a submission but landed big ground and pound and controlled Begosso to get rid of the round at the top, covered in their own blood.
The fight visited the 3rd round also it looked like it may be dire for Begosso. He arrived of the corner with fire in his eyes but that has been short-lived and Basharat took him back again to the canvas with another 3 minutes left in the fight. Following a plethora of ground and pound, they visited the scorecards.
DWCS Week 8 official live results
- Bantamweight: Farid Basharat defeated Allan Begosso via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-26, 30-26)
- Middleweight: Ikram Aliskerov defeated Mario Sousa via submission (kimura), Round 1 2: 09
- Lightweight: Trevor Peek defeated Malik Lewis via TKO, Round 2 2: 37
- Womens Flyweight: Bruna Brasil defeated Marnic Mann via KO, (head kick), Round 2 4: 33
- Bantamweight: Daniel Marcos defeated Brandon Lewis via unanimous decision (30-27 x3)