free counter
Sport

F1 LIVE: McLaren tell Daniel Ricciardo they plan to replace him with Oscar Piastri in 2023

Verstappen Claims F1 Championship Lead LARGER THAN IT MUST BE

McLaren have reportedly told Daniel Ricciardo they plan to replace him with Oscar Piastri next year.

Piastri, a reserve driver at Alpine, dramatically rejected Alpines announcement on Tuesday for him to displace Fernando Alonso next season, insisting he’s got not signed a contract and can not be driving for Alpine next year.

Which has resulted in speculation he’s got a move prearranged elsewhere and Autosport are actually reporting that Piastri has been registered on a reserve driver deal initially for 2023, but will undoubtedly be updgraded to a race seat once Ricciardos early exit is agreed.

McLaren have to agree funds to get rid of Ricciardos deal per year early, with the Australian a contender to visit Alpine where he was in 2019 and 2020 at the formerly named Renault.

Ricciardo will not want to transfer to McLarens Formula E team next year and really wants to stay static in Formula 1, while McLaren are confident they’re legally assured of Piastri despite Alpines announcement they have a contract with the 21-year-old for next year.

1659718798

F1 news: Lewis Hamilton joins Denver Broncos ownership group before $4.65bn sale

Lewis Hamilton has joined forces with the Denver Broncos ownership group prior to the Walton-Penner familys $4.65bn takeover of the NFL franchise.

Seven-time F1 world champion Hamilton joined a consortium with Serena Williams back April so that they can buy Chelsea FC within Sir Martin Broughtons bid, but LA Dodgers owner Todd Boehly ultimately proved victorious.

The 37-year-old racing driver, who regularly spends his winters at his home in the Colorado mountains, has joined forces with the Broncos new ownership group, with Walmart chairman Rob Walton saying Hamiltons resilient spirit and standard of excellence will undoubtedly be a secured asset.

Hamilton will continue to work alongside former US secretary of state Condoleezza Rice, who also joined the ownership group just over fourteen days ago. Hamilton tweeted: Excited to become listed on an incredible band of owners and be part of the Broncos story!! Honoured to utilize a global class team and serve for example of the worthiness of more diverse leadership across all sports.

The Walton-Penner family are on the verge of completing their multi-billion dollar takeover of the 2015 NFL champions, which needs approval by the NFL owners if they meet in Minneapolis next Tuesday. If the purchase is approved needlessly to say, the deal will be the highest price ever for an American sports franchise.

Lewis Hamilton joins Denver Broncos ownership group before $4.65bn sale

Hamilton was section of Sir Martin Broughtons failed bid to get Chelsea earlier this season but is currently dipping his toes in to the NFL

Kieran Jackson5 August 2022 17: 59

1659716998

F1 news: Fernando Alonso hoping to rediscover winning touch after joining Aston Martin

Fernando Alonso said his intention would be to win again in Formula One after completing a shock proceed to Aston Martin.

The double world champion was revealed as Sebastian Vettels replacement just four days following the 35-year-old German announced he’ll retire by the end of the entire year. Alonsos multi-season deal will dsicover him stick to the grid beyond his 43rd birthday.

His capture is really a major coup for Aston Martin, who moved at speed to land a grandee name after Vettel informed them last Wednesday he’d not continue beyond this year.

It really is understood Alonso initially staged informal talks with the British team earlier this season, before agreeing terms on a contract that could run to as much as three seasons. Alonsos contract with Alpine was because of expire by the end of the growing season and talks over a renewal had stalled.

I still have the hunger and ambition to fight to be at the front end, and I desire to be section of an organisation that’s focused on learn, develop and succeed, said Alonso, who won two consecutive championships for Renault in 2005 and 2006.

This Aston Martin team is actually applying the power and commitment to win, in fact it is therefore probably the most exciting teams in Formula One today. Most of us appreciate that there surely is much to be achieved to access leading, and that people must apply all our energies in working together to get performance.

Fernando Alonso hoping to rediscover winning touch after joining Aston Martin

The 41-year-old two-time world champion last won a race at the 2013 Spanish Grand Prix

Kieran Jackson5 August 2022 17: 29

1659715198

F1 news: Charles Leclerc doesnt eliminate taking chances racing against Max Verstappen later this year

Charles Leclerc admits his racing against Max Verstappen could see him take more risks later this year should he reignite his Championship hunt.

Nothing lacking a disastrous couple of weeks has seen Leclerc grab just eight points in two races following the Ferrari star crashed from the French Grand Prix whilst in the lead, during Hungary an ill-advised strategy call to pit to hard compound tyres led to the Monegasque tumbling down the order, eventually finishing sixth.

Verstappen, meanwhile, won both races and contains now stretched his lead near the top of the Drivers Standings to 80 points with nine races left, with the Belgium Grand Prix at Spa first up following the summer break.

Yet Leclerc, who has battled Verstappen on the right track numerous times this year with out a collision, acknowledges he usually takes more risks if he remains in contention through the entire latter stages of the growing season.

It [the way you race] depends upon the problem, on the individual youre facing, your opponent – what lengths is he ready to go? Leclerc told the BBC. This season, either I had a large advantage in the championship and you aren’t really ready to take those risks. Or he previously a large advantage in the championship and he could be not really ready to risk. Or I’m not really ready to risk because I have to catch up points.

Charles Leclerc doesnt eliminate taking chances racing against Max Verstappen

Leclercs racing against Verstappen has been respectful this year however the Ferrari man acknowledges he could take more risks as he looks to claw back an 80-point deficit

Kieran Jackson5 August 2022 16: 59

1659713507

F1 news: McLaren tell Daniel Ricciardo they plan to replace him with Oscar Piastri in 2023

McLaren have reportedly told Daniel Ricciardo they plan to replace him with Oscar Piastri next year.

Piastri, a reserve driver at Alpine, dramatically rejected Alpines announcement on Tuesday for him to displace Fernando Alonso next season, insisting he’s got not signed a contract and can not be driving for Alpine next year.

Which has resulted in speculation he’s got a move prearranged elsewhere and Autosport are actually reporting that Piastri has been registered on a reserve driver deal initially for 2023, but will undoubtedly be updgraded to a race seat once Ricciardos early exit is agreed.

McLaren have to agree funds to get rid of Ricciardos deal per year early, with the Australian a contender to visit Alpine where he was in 2019 and 2020 at the formerly named Renault.

Ricciardo will not want to transfer to McLarens Formula E team next year and really wants to stay static in Formula 1, while McLaren are confident they’re legally assured of Piastri despite Alpines announcement they have a contract with the 21-year-old for next year.

Daniel Ricciardo issued a statement about his future (Bradley Collyer/PA)

(PA Wire)

Kieran Jackson5 August 2022 16: 31

1659713458

F1 news: F1 chief Stefano Domenicali hints at role for Sebastian Vettel in which to stay the activity post-retirement

Formula 1 CEO Stefano Domenicali has hinted a role will undoubtedly be wanted to Sebastian Vettel in which to stay the sport in a few capacity after he announced his retirement the other day.

The four-time world champion announced prior to the Hungarian Grand Prix that season with Aston Martin will be his last in F1, with the German keen to pursue other interests and save money time along with his family.

Domenicali, who was simply Ferrari boss while Vettel won his World Championships at Red Bull, admitted he was surprised by the news headlines but revealed he is keen for Vettels and F1s relationship to stay close later on following a conversation between your pair following Vettels announcement.

Among other activities, we discussed his decision and the near future, Domenicali told BILD. Sebastian will be connected with Formula 1. Not to mention we wish that link with remain close later on.

If he could be thinking about becoming section of our bodies and the approaches fit together, I’d needless to say welcome him here. But we know that, following the season, he really wants to sort himself out and revel in time along with his family.

F1 chief Domenicali hints at role for Vettel in which to stay the activity post-retirement

Domenicali insists he wants the bond between Vettel and Formula 1 to stay close later on despite his retirement by the end of the growing season

Kieran Jackson5 August 2022 16: 30

1659711658

F1 news: Alex Albon signs multi-year agreement at Williams as Oscar Piastris F1 seat saga rumbles on

Alex Albon has signed on for another season and much more at Williams because the saga of where Oscar Piastri results in Formula 1 next year rumbles on. Albon, 26, joined the Oxford-based team in the beginning of 2022 having been dropped by Red Bull by the end of 2020 and spending this past year as a test driver.

The British-Thai driver has scored all three of Williams Championship points this year – including a memorable drive in Melbourne in April – and contains now put speculation about his future to bed by signing a multi-year agreement.

Well, Im here for 2023 and beyond. Its been an excellent year this season, we wanted more, but this is actually the goal [points at trophies] and thats what were choosing, Albon said in a video on Williams F1 website. Its nice to possess some satisfaction, obviously, in the years ahead about my career and to be with Williams. Obviously weve had an extremely good begin to the growing season, really enjoyed my time here. For future years and for all of those other season well keep our heads down. Were likely to concentrate on maximising the automobile and doing the very best job we are able to. But to learn it goes beyond that’s very exciting.

There is not, however, any news concerning the future of Albons current teammate Nicholas Latifi, with rumours that Piastri could use up the next seat at Williams next year. The announcement comes amid the problem regarding Piastri and his rejection of a seat at Alpine, following the team announced him as Fernando Alonsos replacement for 2023.

In a tweet of their own, Albon mocked Piastris tweet from Tuesday night saying: I am aware that, with my agreement, Williams Racing have released a news release today that I’m driving for them next year. That is right and I’ve signed a contract with Williams for 2023. I am driving for Williams next year.

Alex Albon extends his deal at Williams

Albons extension at Williams removes another potential driver to fill the vacant spot at Alpine after Oscar Piastri insisted he wont be driving for them next year

Kieran Jackson5 August 2022 16: 00

1659709798

F1 news: Toto Wolff downplays recent form and insists Mercedes remain lacking against Red Bull and Ferrari

Mercedes boss Toto Wolff has downplayed the recent type of the Constructors champions and insists his team remain lacking to the frontrunners of Red Bull and Ferrari. Mercedes have earned double podiums within the last two races in France and Hungary, with George Russell a surprise pole sitter in Budapest – the Silver Arrows first pole position of the growing season.

Despite not having the ability to hold position as Max Verstappens surged through the pack, Russell still finished third with teammate Lewis Hamilton second and the seven-time world champion has been on the podium within the last five races.

However, Mercedes are yet to win a race in the opening 13 rounds of the 2022 season and regardless of the recent upturn in form, Wolff is keen to downplay expectations and insists Ferraris Charles Leclerc continues to be a dominant force on the proper tyre compound.

I believe we have to be cautious that its not specific to Budapest [and] that people just landed in an ideal window, Wolff said. Another teams, Ferrari especially, complained concerning the tyre not being where it will have already been. So, in my own personal opinion, were still lacking to leading runners.

Toto Wolff says Mercedes remain lacking against Red Bull and Ferrari

Mercedes have earned double podiums within the last two races but Wolff is unsure their pace is up there with the best contenders

Kieran Jackson5 August 2022 15: 29

1659707998

F1 news: Alpine boss admits age was one factor in not offering Fernando Alonso a long-term contract

Alpine boss Otmar Szafnauer admits that Alonsos ability in the automobile as he progreses into his 40s was one factor in not offering the Spaniard a long-term contract.

Two-time world champion Alonso stunned F1 and their own team by accepting a multi-year contract to race for Aston Martin from next year, leaving Alpine with an extra seat to partner Esteban Ocon in 2023.

It’s been a torrid week for Szafnauer but before the Piastri saga emerging, the Romanian-American spoke concerning the factors at play in not offering 41-year-old Alonso an extended deal.

There does come a period where something happens physiologically to a driver, and you also dont have exactly the same abilities you did once you were younger, Szafnauer said. I believe it just happened to Michael. I believe its fair to state Michael Schumacher at 42 had not been exactly the same driver he was at 32 or 35. Also it happens to other sportsmen too.

Alpine boss admits age was one factor in not offering Alonso a long-term contract

Otmar Szafnauer has endured a torrid week with Alonsos deparure and Oscar Piastri insisting he wont be driving for Alpine in 2023

Kieran Jackson5 August 2022 14: 59

1659704361

F1 news: McLaren tell Daniel Ricciardo they plan to replace him with Oscar Piastri in 2023

McLaren have reportedly told Daniel Ricciardo they plan to replace him with Oscar Piastri next year.

Piastri, a reserve driver at Alpine, dramatically rejected Alpines announcement on Tuesday for him to displace Fernando Alonso next season, insisting he’s got not signed a contract and can not be driving for Alpine next year.

Which has resulted in speculation he’s got a move prearranged elsewhere and Autosport are actually reporting that Piastri has been registered on a reserve driver deal initially for 2023, but will undoubtedly be updgraded to a race seat once Ricciardos early exit is agreed.

McLaren have to agree funds to get rid of Ricciardos deal per year early, with the Australian a contender to visit Alpine where he was in 2019 and 2020 at the formerly named Renault.

Ricciardo will not want to transfer to McLarens Formula E team next year and really wants to stay static in Formula 1, while McLaren are confident they’re legally assured of Piastri despite Alpines announcement they have a contract with the 21-year-old for next year.

(Getty Images)

(Getty Images)

Kieran Jackson5 August 2022 13: 59

1659702561

F1 news: FIA set to impose stricter roll hoop tests for 2023 F1 cars after Zhou Guanyus crash at Silverstone

The FIA are set to impose stricter tests on the roll hoop of next years Formula 1 cars after Zhou Guanyus frightening crash at Silverstone last month.

The Chinese driver escaped unharmed after his Alfa Romeo flipped following contact from George Russell, before skidding over the tarmac and gravel and flipping again above the tyre barrier and in to the catchment fencing.

The rookie escaped unscathed, his head protected from serious injury by the titanium Halo device that rings the cockpit. However the roll hoop failed after connection with the track with a force previously unforeseen and Alfa have already been dealing with the FIA to analyse the crash, alongside other teams.

Alfa will be the ony team to currently utilise a spike hoop design, but this may be banned for 2023 as technical delegates discuss changes to next years cars. The analysis continues to be ongoing, were working because the first day with the FIA to attempt to reconstruct the accident and assess as best once we can, Alfa Romeo technical director Jan Monchaux said.

Because its no easy task, the force involved. Up to now the inner investigations aren’t completely finished, therefore i wont disclose anything. And when someone will disclose something, its likely to function as FIA.

FIA set to impose stricter roll hoop tests for 2023 F1 cars after Zhous crash

Zhous crash at the British Grand Prix saw the roll hoop on his Alfa Romeo fail after connection with the track

Kieran Jackson5 August 2022 13: 29

Registration is really a free and easy solution to support our truly independent journalism

By registering, additionally, you will enjoy limited usage of Premium articles, exclusive newsletters, commenting, and virtual events with this leading journalists

Please enter a valid email

Please enter a valid email

Should be at the very least 6 characters, include an upper and lower case character and lots

Should be at the very least 6 characters, include an upper and lower case character and lots

Should be at the very least 6 characters, include an upper and lower case character and lots

Please enter your first name

Special characters arent allowed

Please enter a name between 1 and 40 characters

Please enter your last name

Special characters arent allowed

Please enter a name between 1 and 40 characters

You need to be over 18 yrs . old to join up

You need to be over 18 yrs . old to join up

It is possible to opt-out anytime by signing directly into your account to control your requirements. Each email includes a connect to unsubscribe.

Curently have an account? register

Registration is really a free and easy solution to support our truly independent journalism

By registering, additionally, you will enjoy limited usage of Premium articles, exclusive newsletters, commenting, and virtual events with this leading journalists

Please enter a valid email

Please enter a valid email

Should be at the very least 6 characters, include an upper and lower case character and lots

Should be at the very least 6 characters, include an upper and lower case character and lots

Should be at the very least 6 characters, include an upper and lower case character and lots

Please enter your first name

Special characters arent allowed

Please enter a name between 1 and 40 characters

Please enter your last name

Special characters arent allowed

Please enter a name between 1 and 40 characters

You need to be over 18 yrs . old to join up

You need to be over 18 yrs . old to join up

It is possible to opt-out anytime by signing directly into your account to control your requirements. Each email includes a connect to unsubscribe.

Curently have an account? register

Read More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker