2 yrs later, its almost done
Its very easy to love the shrunken-kids-versus-oversized-insects premise of Grounded, especially with Obsidian Entertainments love of life, but regardless of how good this base-building survival game looks, many players are likely to postpone until early access wraps up. The studio previously quoted September, and contains since narrowed it down to a September 27 release for Grounded 1.0 on PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.
In the event you missed the 1.0 trailer through the summer gaming showcases, here it really is again.
In accordance with game director Adam Brennecke, the team is in the home stretch.
The ultimate early-access update is being tested now. Obsidian also noted that update will undoubtedly be notably lighter than previous ones once we have already been putting the majority of our focus towards 1.0 work and polish which is our biggest content release up to now.
Along with armor and weapon upgrade changes (which no more use Quartzite or Leather), balance adjustments, and fixes, there are many new features in Grounded:
- Convert Non-Custom Games to Custom Now you can convert any non-custom game right into a custom game anytime while playing in order to tune values on any game as you go.
- Gnat Pet Now you can tame and own a bumbling little gnat pet. Pets may also be more helpful and less squishy as outlined in tuning changes further below.
- Rest Time-lapse Upon resting, you will notice an instant time-lapse of the yard because the 8 hours pass.
- BURG.L Moves! BURG.L has acquired enough chips to keep in mind he is able to roll his treads to inspect the Oak lab and fulfill his assistant duties.
- Cookery Meals are actually crafted at the brand new Cookery building rather than the Oven.
Its a digital-only release
If youre a physical game collector, never say never. For the present time, though, Obsidian has reiterated that Grounded 1.0 is a digital-only release in September.
Im curious (and generally hopeful) to observe how things shake out following the slow-and-steady ramp-up. Ive enjoyed my time with the early access build, and I am hoping the story all fits in place in a satisfying way. Worst case, I love the building. And since i have last checked in, theres a lot of new content on the floor, underwater, and everywhere.
As a survival fan whos not totally burnt out yet, theres a base mechanical allure here, though I understand some of you will need a compelling story hook, too. With wider plans for an animated series predicated on Grounded, lets hope all the pieces belong to place.
Jordan is really a founding person in Destructoid and poster of seemingly random pictures. They’re not random.