free counter
Sport

Jermall Charlo’s Felony Assault Charge Dropped by Prosecutors

AP Photo/David J. Phillip

WBC middleweight champion Jermall Charlo reportedly has already reached an answer to his recent legalities.

In accordance with TMZ Sports, prosecutors anticipate dropping the felony charge against Charlo after he was accused of assaulting a member of family during an incident last September in Fort Bend County, Texas. He was arrested and charged with felony assault in February.

A spokesperson for the Fort Bend County District Attorney’s Office told TMZ Sports they filed a motion to dismiss the case on Monday “in line with the reason that people cannot prove the case beyond an acceptable doubt.”

“Evidence developed in a manner that didn’t support the charge to conclusion,” the spokesperson said.

Charlo’s attorney released a statement on Monday addressing the problem.

“Nine witnesses came forward to state Charlo never hit his 21-year-old nephew,” Kent Schaffer said. “Jermall is quite happy. He is able to concentrate on finding your way through his next fight given that this distraction has been removed.”

Charlo hasn’t fought since June 2021 when he defended his title with a unanimous decision victory over Juan Macias Montiel. It had been his fourth successful title defense.

While Charlo is now able to put his legalities behind him, his twin brother Jermell continues to be facing a misdemeanor charge of earning a terroristic threat linked to the case. Jermell Charlo, who’s the undisputed light middleweight champion, is scheduled for a court hearing later this month.

Read More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker