free counter
World

Puerto Rico star Ricky Martin faces sexual assault complaint

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) A sexual assault complaint has been filed against Puerto Rico pop star Ricky Martin, who recently sued his nephew over what he said were false allegations of sexual abuse.

The complaint was filed Friday at a police precinct in the administrative centre of San Juan, police spokesman Edward Ramrez told The Associated Press on Saturday. Information including who filed the complaint and information on the allegations aren’t public, given the type of the complaint.

Somebody who had not been authorized to discuss the case confirmed that Martins nephew, Dennis Yadiel Snchez Martin, filed the complaint. The individual said the complaint will not automatically trigger an arrest as the alleged incident isn’t recent, adding that police will investigate and determine whether charges are warranted.

Snchez previously requested a restraining order against Martin in July, but a judge later archived the case after Snchez admitted under oath he had never been sexually assaulted by the singer.

Flavia Fernndez, a spokeswoman for Martin, told the AP that his legal team is evaluating the problem rather than issuing public comment for the present time.

On Thursday, the artists attorneys filed case against his nephew, whom they referred to as troubled. They accused him of extortion, malicious persecution, abuse of law and damages.

They said Snchezs allegations cost Martin at the very least $10 million worth of canceled contracts and projects, plus another $20 million in damages to his reputation.

The lawsuit states that Snchez would send around 10 messages each day to Martin, almost all meaningless diatribes without the particular purpose. In addition, it accuses him of publishing Martins private number, forcing him to improve it.

Furthermore, the lawsuit said Snchez falsely claimed he previously an enchanting relationship with Martin for seven months and that the singer didnt want to buy to get rid of and would call Snchez with frequency.

Nothing further from the reality, the lawsuit stated.

Attorneys also noted a judge previously issued Snchez two restraining orders within an unrelated stalking case.

Copyright 2022 The Washington Times, LLC.

Read More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker