Sept. 19 (UPI) — U.S. military officials said their Green Village military base in northeastern Syria was targeted in a failed rocket attack on Sunday.
U.S. Central Command said in a short statement that soon after 7 p.m., local time, three 107 mm rockets were fired at the bottom where U.S. and Coalition forces and equipment are stationed.
Specifics regarding the attack and how it had been averted weren’t specified.
Officials said a fourth rocket alongside rocket tubes were bought at the launch point, about 3 miles from the bottom.
It had been also not immediately clear who was simply behind the attacks, nonetheless it employs three U.S. service members were injured within an attack on the bottom on Aug. 24.
U.S. authorities said Iran-backed militants were behind the late August attack. In response, U.S. forces struck two sites in Syria, destroying three vehicles and equipment utilized by the militants to launch their rockets. Several people suspected to be behind the rocket launch were also killed, it said, citing initial assessments.
U.S. officials said they’re investigating the Sunday attack.