free counter
Sport

Vanessa Bryant to Donate $16M From Kobe Photo Lawsuit to Mamba & Mambacita Foundation

PATRICK T. FALLON/AFP via Getty Images

The $16 million Vanessa Bryant was awarded in her lawsuit against LA County will probably an excellent cause.

Bryant intends to donate the amount of money to the Mamba and Mambacita Sports Foundation, in accordance with Alene Tchekmedyian of the LA Times.

The foundation is really a nonprofit “focused on creating positive impact for underserved athletes and children in sports.” It had been founded “through the vision and loving memory” of Kobe and Gianna Bryant, who died in a tragic helicopter crash in January 2020.

Bryant said she actually is giving the amount of money to the building blocks “to shine a light on Kobe and Gigis legacy,” per Tchekmedyian.

Bryant’s attorney, Luis Li, said in a statement:

Right from the start, Vanessa Bryant has sought only accountability, but our legal system will not permit her to force better policies, more training or officer discipline. Those measures will be the responsibility of the sheriffs and fire departments responsibilities that Mrs. Bryants efforts have exposed as woefully deficient, even giving amnesty to the wrongdoers.

Chris Chester, who lost his wife, Sarah, and daughter, Payton, in the crash, was also awarded $15 million because of the suit.

The Mamba Sports Foundation was founded in 2016, soon after Kobe Bryant retired from the NBA following a 20-year career that saw him win five titles with the LA Lakers. It had been renamed to the Mamba and Mambacita Sports Foundation in 2020 as Gianna Bryant was a rising basketball star herself.

The building blocks “provides funding and sports programming for underserved athletes make it possible for taking part in school and/or league sports that enrich socio-emotional and physical development,” per its website.

Bryant won her lawsuit contrary to the LA County Fire and Sheriff Departments on Wednesday over photos first responders took at the scene of the crash that killed Kobe, Gianna and seven others.

At the very least eight sheriff’s deputies took photos of the bodies of Kobe and Gianna Bryant on the personal cellphones at the scene of the crash and shared them with other folks. Tchekmedyian previously reported the majority of the deputies had received new phones since sharing the photos and that the photos have been deleted.

The verdict came just one single day after Kobe Bryant’s Aug. 23 birthday. In addition, it been 8/24, that is referred to as “Kobe Bryant Day,” for both numbers he wore during his historic NBA career.

“All for you personally! I really like you! JUSTICE for Kobe and Gigi,” Bryant wrote on Instagram Wednesday in reaction to the verdict.

It really is now illegal in California for first responders to talk about photos of the deceased at a crime scene unless it’s for official police purposes after Gov. Gavin Newsom signed an invasion-of-privacy bill in September 2020 coined the “Kobe Bryant Act.”

Read More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker