0 of 7
Carrying out a brawl between Diamond Mine and Gallus the other day, both teams would fight with this edition of WWE NXT 2.0. Credit: WWE.com.
The battle of WWE NXT and NXT UK is reaching a fever pitch. Following the announcements of Bron Breakker vs. Tyler Bate and Mandy Rose vs. Meiko Satomura vs. Blair Davenport, the August 30 edition of NXT 2.0 was set to determine the others of NXT Worlds Collide.
Gallus made a statement by attacking Diamond Mine within their NXT debut, however now they might face the results. Joe Coffey, Mark Coffey and Wolfgang would battle The Creed Brothers and Damon Kemp in a six-man tag certain to obtain explosive.
Another six-person tag team match with serious heat, Josh Briggs, Brooks Jensen and Fallon Henley would face Pretty Deadly and Lash Legend.
Grayson Waller has taunted Apollo Crews constantly in the last month, finally resulting in the former WWE intercontinental champion obtaining a shot at the loudmouth private.
NXT women’s tag team champions Katana Chance and Kayden Carter have promised to defend myself against all-comers, so their first challengers stepped up in Ivy Nile and Tatum Paxley, who wished to prove themselves in a non-title bout.
This show had plenty more to determine with NXT World’s Collide just days away.
1 of 7
Grayson Waller found a weakness against Apollo Crews and exploited it. He poked The Nigerian Warrior in the attention to ensure he could connect on the rolling cutter to win.
While Waller visited the eyes a couple of times in this match, this is a comparatively clean win for the heel. He outmatched and outmaneuvered his opponent to create the largest win of his career up to now. It was an excellent match but lacked energy, especially given the build-up.
This may very well setup Waller because the next challenger to the NXT Championship whether Bron Breakker or Tyler Bate go out the champion at Worlds Collide. Meanwhile, Crews is struggling to provide on his early hype.
Waller def. Crews by pinfall.
- Waller raked Crews’ eyes early in the match, that was bad enough for officials to be sure of The Nigerian Warrior.
- Crews connected on a blockbuster for a nearfall then went for a military press, but Waller ducked outside.
2 of 7
Toxic Attraction watched this match closely until Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne attacked Ivy Nile. The distraction allowed Katana Chance and Kayden Carter going to the neckbreaker/450 splash combo on Tatum Paxley to win.
Following the match, Doudrop and Nikki A.S.H. arrived to challenge the NXT women’s tag team champions for a match at NXT Worlds Collide.
This is much too short. However, the ladies did everything within their power to take full advantage of it. It had been a lively sprint that highlighted why is the NXT women’s tag team champions special.
Doudrop and Nikki are too vital that you leave Monday Night Raw, however they is a great addition to Worlds Collide. This is a significant test for them, playing the veterans and favorites given their history. It must be a match that benefits everyone.
Chance and Carter def. Nile and Paxley by pinfall.
- Diamond Mine argued backstage, especially saying they didn’t trust Roderick Strong, until Nile told them to spotlight the match and nothing else.
- Paxley worked this match with a face guard because of training with Nile.
- NXT showed a video package on Meiko Satomura’s history.
3 of 7
Before going to the ring, Joe Gacy told Cameron Grimes that was his possiblity to join The Schism. The Richest Man in NXT arrived and told Gacy he needed no-one.
Finally, Grimes said he had not been thinking about join The Schism, which at the very least moves this story in an obvious direction. Gacy is pining after Grimes, but we shouldn’t view it result in The Richest Man in NXT getting another gimmick change to become listed on Schism.
This story still makes little sense. Gacy have not won anything yet taunts Grimes about failing woefully to store NXT gold. The group offers nothing to the former champion. When there is a point to all or any this beyond Grimes vs. Gacy, it really is unclear.
- Through the segment, Gacy gave happy pins to Rip Fowler and Jagger Reid for defeating Legado del Fantasma.
- Roxanne Perez told Cora Jade she had not been finished with her and promised to create her purchase betraying her trust.
- Finn Balor warned Bron Breakker in the locker room never to underestimate Tyler Bate. Later, Butch told Bate he had a need to win for the legacy of NXT UK.
- Bate found Gunther backstage, further putting over what Bate was fighting for. Ciampa found Breakker and explained what NXT designed to him.
4 of 7
Josh Briggs and Brooks Jensen tag with Fallon Henley for the very first time on TV. Credit: WWE.com.
Fallon Henley was an excessive amount of for Lash Legend early, forcing Elton Prince and Kit Wilson to dominate. Pretty Deadly had some trouble until Gallus arrived.
Mark Coffey and Wolfgang distracted Josh Briggs before Joe Coffey booted Brooks Jensen in the facial skin to create Prince for the roll-up win.
The pace of the match was off. Henley started things off fast, nonetheless it slowed to a crawl completely to the ending when Gallus arrived. Without distractions, this might have been far better.
It isn’t a good decision to perform exactly the same screwy finish in back-to-back tag team matches. The talent is preferable to this and will sell stories for Worlds Collide and beyond without them.
Pretty Deadly and Legend def. Briggs, Jensen and Henley by pinfall.
- Henley worked this match heated, diving onto Legend early then utilizing the boys as a springboard going to a crossbody outside on all three heels.
- Shayna Baszler warned Mandy Rose that failing on Sunday at Worlds Collide would hurt NXT and devalue all she’s done up to now. Alba Fyre told Meiko Satomura to win for NXT UK. Rhea Ripley encouraged Blair Davenport.
5 of 7
Charlie Dempsey was surprised by how well Andre Chase matched him in a technical show, however the physical design of the British Superstar was hard on The Professor. Bodhi Hayward distracted Dempsey sufficient for Chase to employ a leg-trap roll-up to win.
Once more, Chase over-performs in his role. He’s got massively improved in the ring. As the grappling got just a little clunky in moments, the story worked wonders. The Professor is really a delightful fan favorite, who’ll fight until his last for his students.
Although it is disappointed to see Dempsey lose in his debut, it isn’t an awful booking move. This may create Dempsey for an extended feud with Chase U as well as consider showcasing his comedic chops by joining the institution for a while.
Chase def. Dempsey by pinfall.
- Dempsey and Chase grappled in the ring without losing grip on each other’s hand, both bridging before taking a stand.
- Chase punched Demspey in to the mat then hit a number of stomps right into a uranage that the British Superstar transitioned right into a group of submissions.
- JD McDonagh explained his pain philosophy and made fun of Wes Lee within an interview.
6 of 7
Kiana James lit a fire in Zoey Stark with trash talk prior to the match. Stark took it from James, throwing her around. She ended it with a belly-to-back GTS.
This is luckily virtually all Stark because James was off the complete time when in charge. Stark carried her through this to the very best result, creating new momentum following a devastating loss to Mandy Rose.
Stark and Nikkita Lyons are finally beginning to build their connection. While their inclusion in the women’s tag tournament was awkward, it is a pairing that may genuinely work. Help Lyons develop by dealing with a accomplished veteran.
Stark def. James by pinfall.
- James ran down Stark in a pre-taped interview before their match.
- Stark nearly took the win off a running knee then pulled her right into a fireman’s carry, but James battled out and hit a standing moonsault for a nearfall.
- Following the match, James tried to cheap-shot Stark but was stopped by Lyons.
7 of 7
Diamond Mine and Gallus were a straight match throughout this fight until Roderick Strong arrived. Damon Kemp was too centered on Strong, even making the effort to stomp his phone, resulting in Kemp walking right into a lariat from Joe Coffey to seal the win.
A brawl broke out in the ring as Pretty Deadly and also Josh Briggs and Brooks Jensen arrived. Security flooded the ring to split up the fight.
This is an excellent match that again got cut short by way of a flat interference. It had been still the very best match on the card by way of a solid margin because of enough time given and chemistry between your teams.
The Creed Brothers have already been fantastic for some time, and Kemp continues showing major upside.
Hopefully, Gallus will hang in there the long term, so we have more matches such as this. That can focus on Mark Coffey and Wolfgang unifying the tag team titles at Worlds Collide.
Gallus def. Creed Brothers by pinfall.
- Diamond Mine battered all three members of Gallus in to the mat with forearms.
- Nathan Frazier and Axiom decided to a best-of-three falls match at Worlds Collide.